Invitation for Applications for the Admission of Students
The invitation to submit applications for the admission of students is announced in accordance with the Republic of Srpska Government Decision on Number of Students to Be Enrolled in the First Year of Study of the First and Second Cycle in the Relevant Academic Year at Public Higher Education Institutions, as well as the University of Banja Luka Senate Decision on Admission of Students to the First Year of the Third Cycle of Studies.
Candidates who have completed a four-year secondary school education in the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina, or an equivalent education abroad, can apply for the admission to the first year of a first-cycle study programme.
Candidates who have obtained at least 180 ECTS points or 240 ECTS points in the academic studies of the first cycle can enrol in the study programmes of the second cycle of studies, whereas the University members can set additional conditions for enrolment in the second cycle of studies in their rules for studying.
The following persons can be admitted to the first year of the third cycles of studies:
- those who have completed the relevant studies of the first and second cycle or integrated studies, as defined by the study programme of the third cycle of studies, and have a minimum average grade of 8.00 achieved in both the first and second cycle of studies, or
- those who have an academic degree of Master of Science/Arts in the relevant scientific/artistic field, as defined by the study programme of the third cycle of studies, and have a minimum average grade of 8.00 achieved in master studies, or
- those whose previously gained qualifications were evaluated in accordance with the general acts of the University governing the recognition of gained educational qualifications.
More detailed admission requirements are regulated by the Rules for Studying for the first and the second cycle of studies, as well as the by the Rules for Studying for the third cycles of studies.
The invitation for applications to the admission of students contains: the number of students who are admitted to certain study programmes, admission requirements, criteria for scoring the candidates, the procedure for conducting the invitation for applications to the admission of students, application deadlines for candidates, the exact time of taking the entrance exam, as well as the deadlines for announcing the results and admission of eligible candidates, information on the tuition fees paid by students whose studies are not financed from the budget, the academic title acquired upon completion of the study programme, and other provisions.
Invitation for applications to the admission of students in the academic year 2023/2024 will be published on 7 June 2023 on the website of the University, www.unibl.org, as well as in the ‘Euroblic’ and ‘Glas Srpske’ daily newspapers.
Admission application of the candidates
When applying for the first cycle of studies, the candidate is required to submit an application form and attach the following documents:
- birth certificate;
- citizenship certificate that is not older than 6 months;
- original school leaving certificates and an original diploma of passing the matriculation, i.e. final exam (or a certified copy if candidates are applying for two or more study programmes);
- proof of payment of the fee for taking the entrance exam or aptitude test;
- candidates submit a medical certificate when applying to the University of Banja Luka:
for the Faculty of Security Sciences and the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports issued by a registered health institution (Medical Specialist Centre of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Banja Luka, Bulevar vojvode Petra Bojovića 1A, Banja Luka/Pavilion 4 of the Student Centre in the University of Banja Luka Campus/, telephone number: 051/301-324, weekdays 08:00 - 16:00);
- as for the Faculty of Security Sciences of the University of Banja Luka, in addition to a medical certificate, a certificate that no criminal proceedings are in progress against the candidate needs to be submitted.